Hyundai announces pandemic support initiatives
05-06-2021 Sat 16:59
- Empowering, Enabling and Supporting Employees; Hyundai Announces Pandemic Support Initiatives
- Access to COVID-19 vaccine & insurance cover for employees & their families
- Timely increments and promotions for employees
- Continuous safety protocols are reiterated for wide awareness among employees and families
Commenting on employees centric measures, Mr. Stephen Sudhakar, Sr. Vice President & Unit Head – People Strategy and Business Support, Hyundai Motor India Limited, said, “Hyundai is built on the strong foundation of a value system which defines our ultimate purpose and encourages us to achieve our goals. As the country continues to respond to COVID-19, we are working to do our part by ensuring the safety and well-being of our employees. We are closely monitoring the pandemic situation in the state and supporting the communities for an early recovery. We remain hopeful and confident that together we can overcome this crisis, and will continue to play our part in the solidarity to fight COVID-19.”
During both the first wave and second wave, we have ensured we create proactive, robust policies and practices to benefit our employees and help drive economic recovery and normalcy in the country.
Vaccine drive & Insurance cover for all eligible employees & families
Vaccination is the way to build confidence, HMI has been organising in-house camp to drive vaccination with the support of hospitals and now has commenced a vaccination drive for employees, dependants and personnel. In addition, HMIL has announced to extend the vaccination and insurance cover to all dependent family members of employees.
Emergency paid special leave benefit
To encourage employees to take care of themselves and their loved ones, HMIL is providing adequate paid leave with a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis, a presumptive diagnosis, or who are exhibiting symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
Timely execution of Compensation Benefits
- On-time annual incentives and bonus followed by implementation of promotion and compensation revisions announced and implemented effective April 1, 2021. HMIL also announced increments higher than the proposed industry increase including contract workers.
Hyundai also announced COVID 3.0 benefits to ensure company stands with its people in such tough times to ensure their wellbeing. A number of programs include:
- Virtualization and digital workspace solutions help drive business continuity. Placing employees’ health and safety as top priority, all functions including sales & marketing workforces are now operating on hybrid work modes. To ensure interpersonal interaction, all meetings, conferences and employee engagements have been moved to the virtual platform
- Help Desk which works 24/7 to provide COVID-19 Health care to employees and their dependents
- Strategic tie-ups with hospitals, procurement of oxygen and critical medicines, exclusive COVID-19 Care Centre with 20 oxygen-supported bed facility and a COVID-19 ward with 50 beds at Saveetha hospital near HMIL plant
- Enhanced medical coverage specially for COVID-19, providing immunity and safety kits periodically for employees and their families to recuperate. All employees at the factory are given a Self-Monitoring Health Kit comprising of pulse oximeter and infrared thermometer
- Regular awareness sessions conducted by our in-house Chief Medical Officer and other medical experts (external) for employees, apprentice & trainees, service provider personnel
- Interest-free loan up to Rs. 3 lakh is offered additionally to all employees for any Covid-related expenses
- In the unfortunate case of loss of life, additional death benefits are provided for the deceased employee’s family
- Hyundai (+) – is a specially developed app for all employees with features like – social distancing, COVID-19 related information & government guidelines, etc
- Ensuring basic COVID-19 related SOPs are adhered to by increasing the bus fleet and canteen seating arrangements for employees along with recommendation for strict observance of personal hygiene practices. Structured disinfection and sanitisation schedules covering all touch-points at the workplace
- Continuous safety protocols are reiterated for wide awareness among employees and families through various platforms to be safe at work, during commute to work and at home
- Mandatory RT-PCR test for all new recruits
Cable Television Network Rules amended
3 hours ago
Battlegrounds Mobile India early access is now live on Google Play Store for players in India
8 hours ago
Sajan Raj Kurup launches Saintfarm, a new end-to-end e-Commerce Venture in Organic and Sustainable food
1 day ago