Update on COVID Vaccination Phase-3
07-05-2021 Fri 15:24
- A new Security Feature added to CoWIN digital platform
- “4 digit security code” to Minimise Errors for ONLINE bookings/appointments operational from 8thMay 2021
In order to minimize such errors and the subsequent inconvenience caused to the citizens, the CoWIN system is introducing a new feature of “4 digit security code” in the CoWIN application from 8th May 2021. Now, after verification if the beneficiary has been found as eligible, before administering the vaccine dose, the verifier/vaccinator will ask beneficiary about his/her 4 digit code and then enter the same in the CoWIN system to correctly record the vaccination status.
This new feature will be applicable only for citizens who have done an online booking for a vaccination slot. The “4-digit security code” will be printed in the appointment acknowledgement slip and will not be known to the vaccinator. The four-digit code will also be sent in the confirmation SMS sent to beneficiary after successful booking of appointment. The Appointment Acknowledgement slip can also be saved and shown from the mobile.
This will ensure that, for such citizens who have booked an online appointment, the data entries regarding vaccination status of a citizen, are recorded correctly and only for those who book online appointment and avail the services at the center where they have booked the appointment. This will also reduce the opportunities of impersonation and wrongful use of flexibilities provided in CoWIN for facilitating vaccination coverage.
Advisory for citizens –
- It is advised that the citizens must carry a copy (digital or physical) of their appointment slip and/or the registered mobile phone with appointment confirmation SMS, so that the 4-digit security code can be furnished for easy completion of vaccination recording process.
- It is also advised that the security code may be furnished to verifier/vaccinator before the vaccine dose has been administered. This is important as the digital certificate would be generated after the vaccine dose administration.
- Citizen must provide the security code to the vaccinator as the digital certificate will be generated only after the vaccination record has been updated with the security code.
- Citizen should get a confirmation SMS after the process has been successfully completed. The confirmation SMS indicates that the vaccination process has been completed successfully and the digital certificate has been generated. If one does not get the confirmation SMS, one should get in touch with the vaccinator/ vaccination center in-charge.
Hyderabad FC sign striker Aaren D’Silva
14 hours ago
Battlegrounds Mobile India early access is now live on Google Play Store for players in India
1 day ago