Vizag gas leak: Lifelong oxygen support needed if more styrene inhaled, says pulmonologist
Responding to the gas leak incident at LG Polymers near RR Venkatapuram village on the outskirts of Visakhapatnam on Thursday, pulmonologist Dr Sridhar stated that those who have inhaled more quantity of styrene gas will have to live with the oxygen support throughout their lives. As per the latest reports, seven including a child died and hundreds affected after inhaling deadly poisonous gas. The gas has spread to 3 kilometres from the chemical plant site. Officials have neutralised the gas and a FIR registered against the factory management for negligence.