Man sets ablaze cousins over property issues in Khammam
Khammam, June 24: A man set his two cousins ablaze over property issues in Khammam on Thursday. But accidentally he also caught in the same fire and injured. The condition of the three persons is critical, according to doctors.
As police said, Kona Chilaka Rao and Kona Srinivasa Rao are brothers and live in Medara Bazar in Khammam. Srinivasa Rao has two sons – Bhargav (15) and Verender (12). Property disputes were going on between the two brothers for the past two years and even a case was registered with the police.
When Srinivasa Rao went out of the house, Chilaka Rao’s son Uma Rajasekhar went to his uncle’s house at around 6.30 pm on Thursday along with a petrol can. He sprinkled petrol from the main door and sprayed it in the childrens room. Before the two boys can escape, he set them on fire. While doing so, Uma Rajasekhar also caught on fire as petrol fell on his body.
On hearing their cries, locals tried to put off the fire. Fire fighting personnel rushed to the spot and doused the fire. All the three received severe burn injuries and rushed to Khammam government hospital for treatment.